Tuesday 10 January 2012

New Year clear out = New Project on the horizon!

We tackled the clothes lurking deep in the drawers & cupboards this weekend, the ones that your kids still try to squeeze in cos they love them so much. What to do with these garments that weigh so much in terms of their sentimentality, is the question we pondered. 

'What about if I make you a quilt cover and patch in all these clothes?' I asked.

'YES!', smiled my happy daughter.

So we've gathered the garments together - they all look a bit tatty (well loved), worn out (well worn) and bit of a hotch potch! I'm planning the said project and might also have a go at transferring images onto plain fabric of daughter in the garments etc, after being inspired by the projects here at bhg.com.

Here's a sneak preview of the worn, sorry, well loved clothes! I'll keep you posted as the project, with the testing of skills, grows. Two distinct colour ways going on, so I'm going to have to be careful about how I mix them together on the final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment